Monday, January 28, 2008

Skiing at Paoli Peaks

Last weekend, Carolina and I went up to Paoli Peaks, Indiana with our friends the Miller family from church. The Millers have been skiing several times before, but it was an entirely new experience for Carolina and me. Both of us did fairly well. Carolina fell more often than I did, but didn't fall very hard. I was pretty quickly able to handle the bunny slope (See the video clip...my date is wrong by the way, it was January, not December. Duh!).

I went with Nathan to try some beginner slopes. I did pretty well using the basic wedge approach, but when the slopes got too steep for the wedge to slow me effectively, I usually ended up falling/rolling/skidding...sometimes for quite a few feet depending on my current speed prior to the tumble. So I fell less often, but much harder. It was a lot of fun, and we'll definitely be trying it again!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had a fun time. I always enjoy reading your comments!
    Crystal and Dan

    ReplyDelete