Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Have you tried the Bible?

I thought this was an interesting clip. I have not read the guy's book, but through his study, he has reached some conclusions that I reached a long time ago. Namely, the Bible is a fascinating book. People who say it's a big boring tome full of rules and genealogies couldn't have possibly read most of it.

As I understand it, this guy decided to read the entire Bible just to see what he was missing out on. His conclusion is that he was missing out on a lot! He tells the story of the beginning of his quest here in the video.

2 comments:

  1. I have seen this book before while looking through Audible.com and listened to the free clip they had. My first impressions were negative because it seemed the point of the book was to discredit the Bible and sort of poking fun at it. It may have been the way the author read the book. After watching this video I may have to change my mind and consider actually reading the book. Check out the clip on Audible

    http://www.audible.com/adbl/site/products/ProductDetail.jsp?productID=BK_ADBL_000936&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

    He is reading the same story as he tells in the video but is an actual excerpt from the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you, Buddy. Yeah, I haven't seen the book. He may be irreverent. This particular clip sounded good, but I can't vouch for it one way or the other yet.

    ReplyDelete