Monday, November 17, 2008

Rocking Out 2008: Be My Girl

Here is another video from us at my house. Obviously, it's practice because we stop in the middle of it and discuss some of the transitions. For those of you who've never been in a band, I hope you can see how much fun it is to get together and jam.

My favorite part is around 2:37 when James started nailing the cymbal with his bass. I was also rather pleased with my solo at around 3:27. It is an extremely fast pentatonic scale using double stops. Sometimes when you're improvising it sounds great, sometimes it doesn't.

Also be sure to listen to the last 2 seconds to guess who the camera person was.

Yes, Rock Band and Guitar Hero are cool video games, but they simply don't compare to actually being in a rock band.

No comments:

Post a Comment